For questions about individual field trips, please contact the person(s) listed in the field trip descriptions. If you
- have general questions about field trips
- have suggestions for new field trips
- want to help lead a field trip
- have feedback about a field trip that you attended earlier
- Please arrive on time — and preferably a bit early — for your field trip. We try to leave on time so that all participants can enjoy the entire trip.
- Bring binoculars, cameras, or any other accessories that you like. Our field trip leaders can show you how to use binoculars if needed.
- Dress for the weather — and remember that it’s Ohio, so things can change quickly! For longer trips, check the forecast for our destination.
- Wear appropriate footgear. For most field trips, you will want comfortable shoes that might get a little dirty. High heels are never a good idea for field trips.
- Bring sunscreen and, in warmer weather, mosquito repellent.
- We normally do not plan stops for meals. Bring snacks and drinks to get you through the planned time.
- If we are meeting and then driving to our trip destination, we encourage carpooling. We will coordinate the carpools at the meeting location. If you are willing to drive, please arrive with a full tank of gas and
tell the trip leader. If you are a passenger, please plan to offer your driver money for gas and other expenses as needed.
A registration option is available for many Columbus Audubon events. You do not need to register to attend an event unless otherwise noted in the event description. But if you do register, we will be able to email you with late-breaking information about any changes.
The times, dates and locations for Columbus Audubon events, including field trips, are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Threatening or dangerous weather or a concern for safety may, after careful consideration, force a leader to cancel an activity or otherwise change plans.
If you plan to participate in a trip and have any concerns about weather or other factors, please feel free to contact the trip leader the day before the trip to make sure the trip has not been changed, postponed or cancelled. If no leader or contact information is listed, please check the home page of this Web site, check our Facebook page, or call the Columbus Audubon phone line at (614) 545-5475, ext 307.
Columbus Audubon events and activities are open to individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants.