- This event has passed.
Chadwick Arboretum Open House
July 23, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Chadwick Arboretum, on the campus of The Ohio State University, will will have Butterfly and Pollinator experts on site during their Open House, Sunday, July 23, 1-4 pm at the Arboretum North site. You can learn about efforts to support butterfly and pollinator populations, but you can also learn about changes to your own gardens that will help to ensure food sources for so many desired insects and butterflies. Naturalist Sharon Treaster will be on site to answer your questions and to talk about her work in creating a haven for pollinators and butterflies in Chadwick’s Arboretum North site.
Among the other attractions:
- Entomologist George Keeney will be there with his curious collection of very unusual insects.
- Ornithologist Darlene Sillick will talk about cavity nesting boxes and environments that bird species prefer.
- Bonnie and Darryl Scranton will share fishing tips for anglers of all levels.
- Basket weaver and artist Harold Peller will demonstrate the art of making baskets from willows.
- Architect Aimee Moore will give tours of the enCore Solar House.
- Volunteer and tuffa trough craftsman Allen Fabian will show how to make lightweight but durable troughs for your gardens.
- Summer Intern Stella Barnes will talk about the newly installed Rain Garden.
- And staff will facilitate the safe use of canoes in our lake.
- SockHop Soda Shop will provide root beer floats.
There will be so much to see and do, so do join the fun! Free parking is available in the parking lots to the west of the Schottenstein Arena off Fred Taylor Drive.